Saturday, March 31, 2012

We in Alabama are certainly no stranger to tornadoes. I have seen them, and known people who lost their homes and even family members to them, my entire life. I remember the tornado outbreak of 1974, sat on my porch and watched a huge tornado go by, and lost friends in that outbreak. I was driving down the Parkway in Huntsville when the tornado destroyed Airport Road in 1989, saw the immediate aftermath first-hand, and likewise knew people who were directly affected. Last year, I (like many others) lived through several days of no public utilities. Already this year, I have a family member who lost his home to a tornado. Anyone who has ever seen the devastation a tornado can cause has thought about building either an outside tornado shelter, or a hardened safe room in the home. This is a US Government film discussing the latter.

------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Alabama Forum at www.AlabamaPreppersNetwork.net

No comments: